Top 15 Beauty Tips that every girl SHOULD know!
There are endless beauty tips and tricks out there but our Scottsdale Medspa has compiled a list of what we think are super helpful and fun!
- When applying blush always allow about two fingers from the corner of your nose to where blush starts.
- Don’t put too much shimmer on. A great balance to a shimmery eye is to wear a matte lipstick.
- To make your manicure last, apply a thin layer of clear polish every two days. Don’t forget to apply extra polish at the free edge at the top of your nails, that’s where chips usually happen.
- When choosing a red lipstick, you just want to remember to get one that looks good with your undertone. If you have a warm undertone, then go for more warm reds, and if you have a cool undertone, then go cooler.
- Always use a moisturizer or makeup with SPF in the morning. Even in the winter!
- You should always go to a hair-removal specialist, where waxing, laser etc. is their main business – don’t go to a nail salon for a wax. So important!!! You wouldn’t go to your accountant to get your nails done, would you?
- To create a lived-in look for your hair, use thickening or sea-salt mist before you blow-dry. The added texture gives you a great look!
- Use a facial exfoliator bi-weekly to get dead skin of dead skin. Makeup will look better on a smooth canvas. Just be sure not to over exfoliate!
- Hydrate your under-eye area with an eye cream to prevent puffiness and bags.
- The best way to get rid of/keep away ingrown hairs is to exfoliate the area, which rids the skin of dead cells and allows the hair to break through the surface.
- Use a creamy or milky cleanser to wash your face. Creams are typically less drying than gels.
- Use your excess eye cream on cuticles. The more you hydrate your cuticles, the stronger your nails will be.
- To make your cheek bones appear higher, use your bronzer under the cheekbone and highlighter on the actual cheekbone, don’t forget to blend.
- Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic cleansers are great for acne- free skin!
- To make a zit go away faster, don’t pick!! The bacteria on your fingers will create more redness and irritation, thus making it last longer!!